Is power really something to be feared or avoided? In this episode, Kathy explores our conflicted feelings about power and uncovers some surprising evidence that the word “power” is actually related to traits that we normally view as positive. She encourages us to reframe our understanding of power so that we can empower ourselves to bring forward the good ideas that will make a difference in our organizations….and the wider world.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How conflicted feelings about power cause good people to avoid bringing good ideas forward
- Why the original Latin word for power wasn’t negative at all.
- The secret link between power and potential.
- The mindset shift from “command-and-control” to “creation and generation”.
- How you can grow your power by growing your skill in influence, persuasion and presence.
- Why your intent is important when you exercise power.